Columbia Heights/Mount Pleasant Main Street Program Manager
District Bridges is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission to enrich neighborhood vitality by bridging community engagement and economic development opportunities so individuals, businesses, and organizations can thrive together.
The Columbia Heights Mount Pleasant Program Manager is a full-time position, responsible for the successful development of the business corridors in Columbia Heights and Mount Pleasant. This position is responsible for the activities required by the Columbia Heights Mount Pleasant Main Street grant awarded by the Department of Small and Local Business Development (DSLBD).
The Program Manager reports to the Executive Director and will develop and maintain a deep knowledge of the local business landscape of each neighborhood, relevant policy issues, programs, operations, and the approved workplan. They are responsible for management and development of relationships with key stakeholders in the corridor to include business owners, residents, nonprofit leaders, government leaders and community leaders. They will work with the community stakeholders to develop the Columbia Heights and Mount Pleasant Neighborhood Strategy Councils and strategic plan for each corridor. The Neighborhood Manager stewards the relational and programmatic development of the Columbia Heights Mount Pleasant program following the approved workplan to achieve the outlined objectives; operating at all times in a transparent, inclusive, ethical and sustainable manner.
- Oversee all projects and services related to the Columbia Heights Mount Pleasant program
- Develop and manage two Neighborhood Strategy Councils comprised of stakeholders representing Columbia Heights and Mount Pleasant
- Develop and maintain a diverse and inclusive volunteer corps
- Manage and evaluate consultants providing technical assistance and services to businesses in the CHMP corridor
- Manage the CHMP line items and programmatic expenses in accordance with the approved workplan and budget.
- Maintain compliance and reporting requirements per the DSLBD Main Street Grant
- Build and maintain strong relationships with business owners in the corridor
- Develop a diverse network of stakeholders including business owners, nonprofit leaders, government leaders, faith leaders, schools, and residents
- Develop a network of resources to assist in priority areas such as technical assistance, direct services, and government relations
Data Collection and Reporting
- Ensure meaningful, measurable goals are set for each CHMP program and initiatives;
- Maintain up to date database of CHMP businesses in Salesforce
- Ensure that data is gathered and properly collected, stored, analyzed in the Salesforce platform but all staff and consultants interacting with CHMP businesses and partners
- Report monthly on the impacts and achievements of the CHMP program using these data to the Executive Director
- Work to plan, promote and execute events;
- Ensure events are used as an opportunity to bring together all segments of the Columbia Heights and Mount Pleasant population, gather data on participants, on current and prospective members.
- Cross promote the Columbia Heights and Mount Pleasant across the District Bridges network.
- Oversee internal and external communications regarding the CHMP program, including its webpages, social media, print and online publications
- Develop and maintain communications plan, schedule and editorial calendar, to include
- Content for monthly resident and business newsletters
- Daily activity on social media
- Timely updating of District Bridges website;
- Regular outreach to non-members through other business organizations and publications
- Seek opportunities for District Bridges to be a partner or sponsor with other organizations’ events, particularly those which serve segments of the local business community
- Draft op-eds and articles, as necessary, and seek opportunities to speak or present on behalf of District Bridges
- Work with the Neighborhood Strategy Councils to develop a fundraising plan for planned activities
- Seek opportunities to solicit private and public-sector support, in the form of grants, gifts, donations and contracts
- Build relationships with donors and donor groups who work in areas related to District Bridges’ mission and initiatives
- Develop and execute a plan to encourage individual giving
- Maintain donor lists in Salesforce
- 4+ years of experience managing complex projects involving multiple partners
- Experience building relationships with small businesses
- Fluency in Spanish
- Interest in and knowledge of community development and small businesses
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with external partners
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to perform in cross functional team approach and job responsibilities
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage competing tasks, deadlines, requirements, and decisions.
- A passion for community development, a team mentality, creativity, and a positive "can-do" "yes-and" spirit.
Application instructions: Please include a cover letter and resume (both required), and upload as one document when submitting an application. All applications should be submitted to with “CHMP Program Manager” stated in the subject line. Applicants are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as possible. Review will be on a rolling basis until the search is successful.
District Bridges is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientations, or any other legally protected status.